Effective Date: October 19, 2016
Types of Information We Collect & Use of Information
- When you sign up for access to the Ghost Browser Product, there is a signup form, which collects various information, which may include the following:
- Email address
- First and last name
- Account password
- Email preferences
- Job title
- Company name
- Company size
Some of the items listed above are optional and additional information may be requested in the future.
- Ghost Browser collects billing and credit card information. This information is used solely to complete the purchase of the license for you to use the Ghost Browser Product.
- Ghost Browser collects electronic communications with you, whether submitted on our blog, contact form, survey, error report or otherwise. The information you send to us via these methods is optional. You can decide not to send this information if you prefer not to do so. For example, if you report an issue with Ghost Browser, we may collect the following information from you:
- Browser code and signature Browser and OS version
- Extensions and version numbers that are installed.
- A list of open URLs
- User account information (name, email, license type)
- Hardware information
We use this information to assess error reports, provide better service and may also use this information for fraud prevention measures.
More Information on Uses of Personal Information
- Ghost Browser does not sell, rent or lease its customer’s information to third parties for commercial purposes.
- Ghost Browser collects and uses your information to operate and improve the Product and your experience using the Product. We track frequency of engagement of certain features and use of the Ghost Browser product in order to understand how our users are using Ghost Browser and how we can improve the Product.
- Ghost Browser may use your contact information to inform you about important information concerning our Product. Additionally, we may contact you for our other products and services. You can always opt out of receiving these types of emails from us as further detailed below in the section titled “Opt-Out & Unsubscribe.”
- Ghost Browser may share data with trusted third party vendors (such as HotJar) to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, or provide customer support. Ghost Browser may share your information with third parties who perform tasks required to complete a purchase transaction. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these Services, and they are obligated to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
- Ghost Browser may use various third party web services to improve your browsing experience. You have the ability to turn off some of these services by clicking Menu→Settings→Advanced Settings →
- We do not host advertising on the Ghost Browser Product. We may occasionally embed content from third party sites, such as YouTube, and that content may include ads. While we try to minimize the amount of ads our embedded content contains, we cannot always control what third parties show.
- Information about our customers, including personal information, may be disclosed as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of company assets, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership in which personal information could be transferred to third parties as one of Ghost Browser’s business assets. In such an event, we will attempt to notify you before your personal information is transferred, but you may not have the right to opt out of any such transfer.
- Ghost Browser may disclose personally-identifying information or other information we collect about you to law enforcement or other government authorities in response to a subpoena, court order, warrant, or similar government order. We also may disclose such information when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect our property.
Security of your Personal Information
Ghost Browser takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect our customers’ personal information from unauthorized access, alteration, or destruction; maintain data accuracy; and help ensure the appropriate use of personal information. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please do not send us credit card information and/or other sensitive information through email. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is not secure, you must immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “Contact Information” section below.
Children Under Thirteen
Ghost Browser does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use the Ghost Browser Product.
Online Tracking and How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals
“Do Not Track” is a privacy preference which allows users to opt out of tracking by websites, including analytics services, advertising, and social platforms. Ghost Browser does not track your online browsing activity on other online services and we do not permit third-party services to track your activity on our website beyond our basic Hotjar (or similar) tracking, which you may opt out of. You have the ability to activate “Do Not Track” in the Ghost Browser Product by clicking on Menu→Settings→Advanced Settings →Privacy → Send a “Do Not Track” request with your browsing traffic.
Please note that each website handles “Do Not Track” requests differently and Ghost Browser has no control over how other websites handle these requests. Other sites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personal information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the websites you visit. You can also learn more about opting out from the collection of Web viewing data for interest-based advertising and other applicable uses by visiting http://www.aboutads.info/choices/#completed.
Opt-Out & Unsubscribe
We respect your privacy and give you an opportunity to opt-out of receiving certain communications. Users may opt-out of receiving any or all communications from Ghost Browser by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any communication or by contacting us by any of the following methods:
Address: 2420 17th Street, Denver, Colorado 80202
Telephone no.: (303) 489-3485
Notice To California Residents
Ghost Browser does not disclose customers’ personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes and will not do so without our customer’s consent. California law provides its residents with the right to prevent disclosure of personal information for direct marketing purposes. California residents may exercise this right by contacting us through any of the methods set forth above in the section titled “Opt-Out & Unsubscribe.”
Changes to this Policy
Ghost Browser reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change this Policy. If we change the Policy in any material way, we will provide appropriate notice to you via email and by prominently posting such notice on the Product.
Ghost Browser encourages you to periodically review the Policy to stay informed of our updates. Your continued use of the Product following posting of changes to this Policy will mean you accept these changes.